Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fashionista's Review: Iftar at Riverside Majestic

This will most probably be my last review on Ramadhan buffets. The fasting month is coming to an end. We'll be celebrating Eid-ul Fitr this Friday and I don't think I have the time to go to buffets (they're notoriously time consuming) as I have committed myself to baking. Don't worry, I'll add photos and recipes of my biscuits, cakes and other desserts in my other blog, Kitchen Antics: http://fareinyrecipes.blogspot.com/. Mind you, I'm no chef, so you'll most probably find that my recipes are simple (as they are easier to make/bake/cook compared to complicated recipes, don't you think?)

The chefs busy at work

Had an opportunity to dine here yesterday. Usually I am not a fan of Riverside Majestic's buffet. I've been to the buffet over the past years and usually the food will consist of normal buffet selection which is available at most hotels. So, there's nothing to entice me to Riverside.

Seafood platter. Definitely my kind of food.

However, this year, they featured almost all of my favorite food which kinda makes up for the lack of quantity. If you're looking for the numbers this is not the place to eat. The number of selection is by far the least among all the hotels that I've gone so far. The price is similar to other hotels in Kuching, they charge RM79 ++ per person, plus taxes and such, this would amount to RM90 per person.

Fresh meat, chicken and seafood for steamboat. Pick and choose and they'll cook it for you!

What did I like about the buffet? The best part was it served almost all my favorite dishes like sushi, oysters, mussels, butter prawn and such so therefore, my review is certainly biased towards favoring this buffet line. However, if you favor quantity, I would have to say, this might not be to your liking, the number of choices are certainly limited so you might be disappointed with the quantity. But I would have to commend the buffet provided by this hotel as I really loved the fact that they served fresh seafood. I could tell that other patrons loved the seafood as well cause I could see that the oysters and mussels are out within minutes. But they quickly refilled the buffet which is a plus plus to me.

Whenever I have buffet, I must have soup. And Sup Tulang is one of my favorites!

My verdict? Do go! It's nice to be pampered once in a while. If you're like me, you'll be pampered every week! Well, it's really up to you. You might want to rest and take a breather and one of the best ways is by letting people cook for you.

My unsplit banana to end up my meal *yummy*

Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment