Sunday, April 10, 2011

For Rent No More

I am happy to announce that my house is for rent no more. I went down to the house this morning for some clean-up then passed the house keys to my new tenant.

Phewww!

I breathed a huge sigh of relief. That means there'll be someone to look after my house again *yeay*. The new tenant is moving in tomorrow. Although after a closer look the house seems to need more face-lift that I thought it would but I am not worried but the face-lift. A happy tenant is what I'm looking for *wink*.

So these are the improvements that I'm looking to implement by next week:
1. New paint job (both inside and outside the house; inclusive of fences)
2. Cementing the surface of my fence. My neighbor had kindly put up a brick fence to replace the original wire fence and since I have yet to cement my side of the fence, I'm thinking of getting it settled by next week.
3. Changing the door knobs and locks. I am not saying that I do not trust my previous tenant, but it's good to be on the safe side by changing all the locks. You never know whether your tenant still has a spare key to the house or not.
4. Replacing new taps to some old and broken ones (that my old tenant have overlooked to replace; and good tenants are not easy to find).
5. Adding some plants and shrubs to brighten up the lawn. My previous tenant unfortunately left the grass to grow to its full glory that it made the lawn looking absolutely hideous.

As you can see, it ain't easy being a landlord. Fortunately for me, the house is still in a very good condition except for the minor children's drawing on the walls; once we have it painted over, it'll look absolutely great, if not better than before.

Will post before and after pics once my mini-renovation project is done *can't wait!*

Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment