Monday, July 19, 2010

Second time's a charm

I took the afternoon off to try and practice a bit more photography. Knowing to the fact that I was not born with a camera in my hand and definitely without an eye for photography, the best way for me to improve is to practice, practice and practice.

Sarawak layer cake sellers

I went out to test the streets of Kuching and to tell you the truth, I was scared. Not that I was scared that I wouldn't be able to take photographs, but I was scared that people would chase me away with a parang. Definitely not my idea of a perfect afternoon. So, I tried to be as quiet and unobstrusive as I can. Knowing me, I do not know how other photographers do it, but I never seem to be unobstrusive. Everybody seems to notice that there was a huge camera hanging from my neck and seems to be looking at me suspiciously. It would seem as if they are thinking that I am planning for a heist or something.

Met my student along the way

But I proceeded on anyway. Took a couple of shots here and there. Due to nervousness and being scared that people would find me rude (snapping to heart's content without asking for permission might seem a tad rude) I didn't manage to snap as much photos as I liked. I was half expecting that someone would scream obscene words at me (luckily that never happened).

Another Sarawak layer cake seller


But this is what I like best =p


What do you think?



xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment