Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wedding Photographers Seminar

Had an opportunity to attend a wedding photographers seminar last night organized by Alvin Leong and WPPM (which stands for Wedding and Portrait Photographers Malaysia).

No, I am NOT a wedding photographer.

Not because I don't want to (that would simply sound arrogant now, wouldn't it?)

It's because I simply don't have the skills. At least not yet.

So the talk featured three speakers, Peter Tan, Patrick Low and Alvin himself. As a newbie (and the main reason I came was because there wasn't enough workshops/ trainings in Kuching for me to go to as starters), I was impressed with the amount of camaraderie these guys had between the three of them (considering the fact that they are competitors in the same industry). I was also touched by the fact that they were willing to share their methods and practices which is a great tip to any novice photographer like me.

This is Alvin. You can check out his website: http://www.alvinleong.com/
Couldn't find proper links to the other two's photos but you might also like to visit their website:

The talk really inspired me to be better and to improve my skills (or whatever that I have now).

Wished there were more aspiring photographers who came to the seminar but then again, for those who didn't want to come, it's your lost.

Cheerio!

xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment