Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fashionista's Book Review: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

This is one of those books that have always intrigued me and to tell you the truth, I've been thinking of reading this book for many years now (well, there's plenty of books in my reading list so, it's kind of difficult for me to prioritize which book to read first). A couple of months ago I finally made the move in getting the book.
 

For those who might be unfamiliar with the author, Robin Sharma is an international speaker and motivator and the reason why I know this is because I've seen him on Oprah for a couple of times. Anyway, the title of the book have always intrigued me and at first I initially thought this book is about monks selling Ferraris (shameful, I know).
WhenI finally read the book last February, I was unable to put it down. The book tells a story about a hot-shot lawyer in the U.S. who had a heart attack that almost killed him and that made him realize the important things in life (which is not the legal profession unfortunately). He went off to India in search of himself and came back a few years later as a monk teaching what's important in our lives.

My Review:
I love the way how the book is written, it has a story-telling style that makes it interesting and easy to follow. And the best part of the book is the analogy that it portrays, the sumo wrestler coming out of a lighthouse, falling in the garden and finally walking up a pathway filled with diamonds. That is simply an ingenious analogy (in my humble opinion) and seriously, you need to find out what it means.
However, being someone who've had my share of books (and I read A LOT of books), some parts of this book is quite predictable which I feel the author could have improved upon. All in all, for those who are seeking to find their true purpose and direction in life, I really, really recommend this book. It will motivate you, it will teach you, it will guide you, and I promise you, if you practice some of the things taught by the book, it will truly change your life for the better.

Happy reading peeps!


xoxo Mrs Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment