Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fashionista's Book Review: Biografi Syed Mokhtar Albukhary

I seem to be reading a lot of non fiction books lately (well actually, I don't remember when was the last time I read a fiction book) and I've been eyeing this book for quite a while. Finding myself to be traveling for quite often for the past few months and getting the book was simply an excuse for me to read while I wait for my flight at the airport.


Not much is known about this guy Syed Mokhtar Albukhary. He is most known for his wealth, he's listed among the top 20 wealthiest Malaysians and his charity (he has his own charitable foundation). Other than that, you barely see him in the news or anywhere (maybe except the business section, sometimes). Thus, that enticed me to buy the book. To know the man behind the name Syed Mokhtar Albukhary.

Needless to say, the book is definitely interesting and indeed motivating. I found a lot of inspiring stories of how he built his business, the strong discipline and business ethics that made him a success that he is today. What I liked about the book is his attachment on his family (and it could also be the backbone of his success).There were a lot of familial tales in the book, stories of him lending a hand in his father's business, he went to Johor to work with his uncle and even his wife is also a distant family relative. This shows how important family is to him. And indeed you can see from the story on how much his mother means to him, and how his family have influenced his nature in giving to others.

I would definitely recommend this book, to aspiring business people or those who are seeking for motivation. In this book you'll learn how determination, perseverance and never giving up (and even picking up the pieces after you've fallen) are the keys to his success. There are plenty of lessons to be learnt from this book. Absolutely inspiring!


To reading and learning.

xoxo Mrs Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment