Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Being Thankful in a Material World

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl



Or so that's what Madonna would have said in in her Material Girl song. It is (as unfortunate as it sounds) a material world. I was having breakfast at McDonald's many months ago when there came this two girls sitting at the table next to mine. Due to their loud voices, I couldn't help but eavesdrop at their conversation. Apparently the conversation revolved around a certain guy and the car that he was driving. What struck me was how the girls keep on mentioning the car over and over again. It really was obvious that the girl fancied the car more than the guy. A material girl, perhaps? Let we not judge, but let's take something from the conversation. Let's take a lesson.

There is too much emphasis on worldly goods these days. To me it is not how much you make or how much you get that is important, but how much you love and care about a person. And I, for one, am very, very thankful to a whole lot of people who have indeed made my life even more colorful that it could have been.


Let this Eid-ul Fitr be a good starting point for us to show our love and care to those who matters, those whom we sometimes forget, our family, our closest friends, our support systems.


As for me, sometimes I take people for granted especially those who are close to me. Taking them for granted in a sense that I do not really show them the appreciation that they deserve. Well, let me say that to err is human and as human as it is, I hope that I will not repeat the same mistakes twice. If repeat I must then I really, really must make sure that the repetitions are far and few in between.

In the spirit of Eid-ul Fitr, I would also like to ask for forgiveness from those whom in any way (either directly or indirectly) that I have hurt (intentionally or unintentionally). From the bottom of my heart, I am absolutely very, very sorry for whatever I have done to you.

Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment