Saturday, September 4, 2010

Of Weddings and Divorces

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend my cousin's wedding. This is certainly a unique occasion as most Muslims do not prefer to get married during fasting month (I'm not saying that we don't but, most would prefer to wait until the fasting month is over and resume their marital plans). This could be due to the fact that the fasting month is regarded as a holy month and it is usually spent for fasting (duh!) and prayers. It is a time for us to repent and reflect on what we have done throughout the past year and try to gain as much blessings as we can from Allah.

So, back to the topic at hand. The main reason why my cousin decided to get married during this month is merely due to practical reasons. He's in the food and beverage (F&B) line and therefore could only afford to be off during Eid-ul Fitr (as for most of the other times his business would be packed with catering orders and whatnot. Due to that, the best time that he could easily get away for a honeymoon (with his newly-wedded wife) is during Eid-ul Fitr. To me, this was an opportunity for me to again practice my photography skills as taking wedding photos are certainly not easy. You cannot control your subject (like in the studio) and your photo quality is subjected to harsh lighting (or the lack of lighting) and you might also have to improvise a little on your composition and shots. So, these are the photos...


My cousin. I must say he does look dashing in his wedding attire.


The bride. Pretty, ain't she?

Salaam after the wedding. The bride bows her head in acknowledgement of respect to her husband.

Signing their wedding contract.

Oh yeah, you must be wondering 'bout the divorce part, right? Well, as much as we loved attending the wedding, knowing that two hearts are now bound in holy matrimony, we also received bad news. Another cousin just announced that he is getting divorced (right after the wedding, mind you). Which is sad, really. You get married with hopes that that will be your one true love until the end of time and for some, it does not happen that way. Well, whatever it is, it really is up to him and his decision. I just hope that some day he will find that perfect someone, not perfect in every way, but fits perfectly to him *amin*.

I kinda like this photo. Do you think I've improved my photography skills?

To the newlyweds, I wish you all the best in your future journey together. May you be blessed with lots of happiness, health and wealth and may Allah bless you with many children that will fill your life with laughter and joy *amin*


The newlyweds posing after their wedding solemnization

Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment