Sunday, July 15, 2012

Food in Borneo: Bread & Pastry

I haven't done a food review in about a while now so I thought I'd share on Bread & Pastry, one of the eateries that I frequent for some delicious lunch and pastries. 


Bread & Pastry is actually a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines System, under its food and beverage arm, MAS Catering. It mainly supplies food for MAS flights, but they also supply to other food outlets in Kuching as well. It's located within walking distance to the Green Heights Mall and is right next to Wisma Hock Peng. If you don't know where these buildings are, they're all near to the Kuching International Airport, not far from the Hornbill flyover. 

A friend recommended me the cafe and upon my first visit, I was hooked. In turn, I also recommended the cafe to my other friends. So, what do I recommend?


This is the lamb chop and potatoes. Simply delicious. I couldn't get enough of this. It's priced at somewhere around RM14.90 if I'm not mistaken. If you like your meat (like me) I totally recommend this. However, if you don't take lamb (like some of my friends) the beef steak is equally delicious.


Breakfast menu consisting of baked beans, a hotdog and omelette for about RM3.80. 


Red Velvet Cake. Unfortunately I don't recommend this. It's a little bit dry to my liking.


Oreo cheesecake. Not recommended. In my opinion, it was also a bit dry. 


Fruit tartlet. Totally recommended! 


A hot cup of mocha. 


And this is one of hubs favorite, the nasi lemak. Wrapped in the traditional style (which I like) the sambal nasi lemak is what makes this dish so delicious. A nasi lemak costs around RM2.80 if I'm not mistaken. However, they also serve a breakfast combo set consisting of a wrapped Nasi Lemak, a hard boil or half-boiled egg and tea or coffee for only RM3.50 =).


Bread & Pastry is open from 7.30 am until 6.30 pm daily.


xoxo Mrs Fashionista

Hint: If you're eating in (like we always do) you can request the kitchen to reheat your food so that it's hot when served =).

1 comment:

  1. wow! I wanted taste all of this. Looks so yummy and very interesting. Hopefully you can also share with us the ingredients and procedure on how to do this so at least we can have an idea, hehe (demanding!) Thanks for this post!

    xx
    cakes bakery in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete