Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fashionista's Book Review: Chasing Harry Winston and One Fifth Avenue

Really, it is the downside of traveling. Traveling alone, to be exact. How on earth do you pass the time without the company of friends nor foe in sight? Oh yeah, texting your phone 'till your thumb gets sore is not my idea of good company. Or scrolling the web on that teensy mobile screen.

So, I had to resort to my old bookworm-slash-hermit routine. Get self-absorbed in a good book. Chick lit to be precise. It was kinda tough to decide between Candace Bushnell and Lauren Weisberger but this time I think I outdone myself in the bookworm department. I bought both. What's a girl to do when she's spoilt with choices right?


Let me see... Shall I bore you with the details of both books? Sorry, not this time. I'm terribly pressed for time. As off now, it's actually nearing midnight of Christmas day (I've written the blog earlier but never had the time to finish it off due to my hectic-and-sometimes-conflicting traveling schedule) and I had just landed from Singapore earlier this afternoon. Sleepy heads and finger-tapping on keyboards does not make a good combination. There'll be typos and grammatical errors and *sigh* let me not make list any longer than it should be.

But let me just say that I loved both books, though they're both different in a way. Lauren Weisberger's flair for writing is slightly fast with its witty dialogues and suspense circumstances. But I do love the friendship between the girls in Chasing Harry Winston (and here I was thinking that Harry Winston was a guy, how naive can I be?). While Candace Bushnell's flair of writing sometimes is somewhat slow in nature but I do love the flow of the story and how she tries to connects all the different characters. And may I say, One Fifth Avenue has quite a number of characters that sometimes even I kinda forget which is which.

So if you like chick lit, then I'd recommend both. Although I must warn you, reading really takes up quite a lot of your time. So if you have idle time to spare, then think no more. Head down to your nearest book store, Popular @ Tun Jugah is having a sale until the 3rd of January next year (or so I heard) and you might get these books at a bargain =).

Cheerio and Merry Christmas everyone! Ho! Ho! Ho!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment