Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fashionista's Hotel Review: Ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park Hotel

Of late I've been traveling and flying to Kuala Lumpur frequently due to certain commitments and I am definitely glad for this opportunity as it enables me to test out and blog the hotels in Kuala Lumpur. And this year being Visit Malaysia Year 2014, I am sure there are plenty of tourists out there who are planning their visits here to Malaysia and good ol' Kuala Lumpur. 

Last week I booked a room at Ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park for two reasons, first is because I've stayed at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta before and I absolutely love the hotel (click here for my review of the hotel) so I am definitely sure that the service I'll get at this hotel would be similar to my stay in Yogyakarta and secondly, it's located near Pudu where I assumed that it would be near Pudu Sentral (okay, you might as well know now that this is so not true *sigh*). Anyway, this is my review of the hotel =).


The hotel lobby. I have always adored Ibis Styles decor and interior and this is no different. Although I would have to say that this is it for the hotel lobby, unlike Ibis Styles Yogyakarta which had better decor, an open and bright concept and its cafe on the same floor. For this hotel, the cafe is located on the 4th floor. The lobby is connected to Fraser Business Park (which is the name of the building in which the hotel is located). Despite being located in the same building as a shopping centre (Metro Mall), unfortunately there is not much shopping to be done as the building (Fraser Business Park) appears to be quite empty with minimal shops doing business. It's adjacent to HELP University, but you won't even know that there's a university nearby because the university is at the other end of the building.


My room was located at the 10th floor and this charming 'kek lapis' carpet (labeled by my friend who commented on the bright stripes on the carpet), bamboo art wall deco and sofa greeted me. The view from the hotel is definitely nice =).


My room. I had booked for a queen bed but unfortunately the rooms are full and they gave me a twin-bed bedroom. Love the batik inspired wall-deco. 


As you can see, the room is definitely small (I had to make do with the small space in front of the bed for me to lay my prayer mat and pray *sigh*) but I do love the bright colours and cheery atmosphere of the room. Despite the TV right smack opposite of the bed, there's not much channels to enjoy though. There's about less than 20 channels available and only one movie channel from what I've experienced.


The twin-beds.


Bright green shower stall.


Toilet and sink.


I was surprised that they have a charging dock for iPhone (compatible with iPhone 4 and below). I would have loved this but unfortunately my iPhone is not compatible with this dock.


I actually love the breakfast spread. Unfortunately there was a huge crowd at breakfast so I was unable to get a clear shot of what was being served but the breakfast consisted of assorted cereal, assorted bread, several choices of juice, hot tea and coffee, regular malay breakfast fan fare (i.e. nasi lemak with condiments and porridge also with condiments), fresh fruits and quite a good selection for its western breakfast. Yum!
Unfortunately, the coffee was horrible so I am definitely not recommending the coffee provided at this hotel.


Ibis Styles is part of Accor Hotels, they also have various hotels under their brand Novotel, Mercure, Pullman, Ibis, Ibis Budget etc. Looking at the various hotel brands managed by Accor Hotels, I'm sure that I can look forward to a high standard of service by Ibis Styles. Unfortunately, if given the choice, I would not stay in this hotel again in the future simply because of its location (no it's not located in Pudu despite it's address) and also because of the lack of shops at Fraser Business Park. I guess if Fraser Business Park is a bustling mall, I would be tempted to change my mind on staying at the hotel in the future. But I have absolutely no complaints on Ibis Styles itself. If you don't mind staying a wee bit further that other central locations in KL like Bukit Bintang, KLCC etc, then this hotel is absolutely recommended. In terms of transportation, this hotel is located adjacent to the LRT station Chan Sow Lin which gives you easy access to the city.

Cheers!


xoxo Mrs Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment