Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Travelling Thoughts

I did tell you that I will be travelling a lot in these two months right? Well, now that I have time to spare, let me share with you my travel schedule for November and Decemeber.


All aboard? Love the new seat covers in MAS flights =)


November:

First week: The only week available for me to complete all my tasks and not to mention fitting in a few meetings (on some days there's like three meetings in a day! Imagine leaving a meeting room just to enter another one!).

Second week: A four-day study trip to Shah Alam with my students.

Third week: Family holiday for six days to Manila, Phillipines.

Fourth week: Back from the Phillipines, and then off for a four-day weekend trip in KL for a training session.

Fifth week: Back from weekend trip and it's already December!! (time certainly flies fast!)



I'll go where the ticket takes me to *aha!*


December:

First week: Off to KL for a four-day conference in which I am one of the presenters.

Second week: Back from conference and straight to KK, Sabah for a two-day meeting, then flying off for the weekend in KL for another four-day weekend training session.

Third week: Back from KL. The only week available for me to tie up any loose ends.

Fourth week: Off to a one-day training session in Penang, then a short holiday for five days in Singapore during Christmas week.

Fifth week: Back from Singapore and straight to a conference in which I am one of the organizing committee.



Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination. It was a pleasure having you on board and we hope to be meeting you again.


So, all in all, fourteen days of traveling in November and another sixteen days in December. Hectic, ain't it? Well, that's what I thought too. Apparently my lifestyle will soon join the likes of fashionista jet-setters and let's just hope I'll look as fabulous as they are when disembarking from a plane *cheeky grin*.


A good book is definitely a great traveling companion, it doesn't complain the cramped space and it keeps you occupied.


The funny thing is, I never would have thought that this is the life of an academician, I mean, I always thought that an academic would be confined to classrooms and although there are opportunities to fly, those flying trips would certainly be to conferences and such. Apparently, I was wrong. I used to work in the marketing line and that work entailed me to reap the benefits of traveling, now that I am in the academic line, well, to my surprise, I am traveling more than I've ever been before!


I love traveling on half-empty planes, they're quieter =p

Well, I am not complaining, really, I'm not. Let's just say that I am looking forward to the challenge; you know, micro-managing your time so that you can actually complete what you have to and be at two or maybe three different places at the same time *heh heh*. Anyways, what I really want to say is, let's just see what happens; I mean, a good fashionista would never back down from a good challenge and as they say, what doesn't break you, makes you stronger *Girl power! Yeah!*

Nay worries, I'll certainly share my travel tales, kay?


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment