Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fashionista's Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love

Reading this book is like being transported to another life, you know, the one you wished you had. Well, not for all parts of the book, but the good parts (that's kinda cheating right?) *sheepish grin*.

Have book, will fly, that's me! =)

Had an opportunity to read this book on my way down to Terengganu. Well, since my work life is so hectic that it kinda affected my personal life, I only had an opportunity to pick up this book at the airport when I landed in KL.

Definitely reading this book made me want to pack my bags and leave, for a year-long vacation. I mean, why not? Why the hell not, right? Well, I certainly would love to pack up and go, except that I'd come back with no job, and that is not really an option right now. Especially looking at my financial obligations. Uh-oh, a BIG NO.

Anyways, I really have to say that this is one of the most interesting auto-biographies that I've ever read (not that I've read that many, anyway). But you certainly don' find auto-biographies describing about meetings with a fortune-teller, aptly named Ketut Liyer (and that is a kinda funny name, if you ask me) and a healer named Wayan. What's truly interesting is that I've been to Bali and I never saw Bali as Elizabeth Gilbert did. It kinda made me want to go over and experience Bali again, just so that I know the way how Elizabeth experienced Bali.

And another thing, I never thought I'd be interested to visit India (except for maybe a trip to Kashmir and another trip to the Taj Mahal), I mean, let's be realistic here, I live in the hot and humid country of Malaysia and to visit another hotter and more humid country that Malaysia? Geez, I'd pick Italy over India in a jiffy. But then again, looking at the way she described India, I think maybe I can make an exception and visit it, well, maybe someday.

So, my verdict on the book? Definitely more than I expected. I loved the tales of love (both lost and found) and I love the way she journeyed to really find herself, which is kinda the whole story. I'd recommend this book to any gal-pal out there, it really is an amazing read, I'm sure you'll love the book as much as I did (unless, of course, chick-lit isn't really your thing, then just don't torture yourself into reading it just because I said it's good, okay).

Happy reading peeps!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment