Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fashionista's Movie Review: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Watched a movie about a nerd. Surprising how people nowadays are willing to pay to watch a movie featuring a nerd. And that crowd includes yours truly; I went, I paid, I watched.


A Disney film is always first and foremost, entertaining. After all, that is what most Disney films are all about. So, this movie is supposedly to be akin to one of Disney's masterpieces, Fantasia.



Imagine how surprised I was when the movie is not in the least like Fantasia and there was no Mickey Mouse in sight. Instead, we have Nicholas Cage looking all disheveled and bedraggled, definitely not in your average wizard attire.


So, what's my verdict? I'd say this movie is not really to my liking. Watch it if you like movies involving a lot of magic but then again, the movie didn't really intrigue me that much. I felt that the emotions were lacking, the actors (it could be due to the fact they are young though) were unable to bring the message across so to me it was a bit disappointing at times.


Anyway, if you like it (like some of my friends) then you will certainly will. Do not let my review stop you from watching a not-really-that-fascinating movie on sorcerers, magic and apprentice.


Cheerio!




xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment