Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fashionista's Movie Review: The Expendables

Had an opportunity to watch this movie over the weekend. I don't what has come over me, but I do know one thing, I've become lazy! Gosh! It's a BIG NO-NO to be lazy and of course I absolutely abhor lazy people but I feel slightly sluggish these past few days. It could be due to fasting but I seriously doubt it. Most probably it's the lack of sleep that's catching up to me.

So, instead of doing nothing (which I seldom indulge in) we (I mean me and my friend and not my alter ego) decided to go watch a movie. A lovely way to spend time without admitting that you've been doing nothing but watch the screen for the whole 1 1/2 hours or so.





This movie started with the crew (aptly named The Expandables) barging into a group of terrorists currently filming their latest ransom video on a group of civilians. All of a sudden without warning, the terrorists were ambushed by a group of men, demanding that they stop whatever they are doing and they will receive payment of USD 3 million. But no, the terrorists had to be greedy and demanded payment of USD 5 million. So, the shooting ensues and that is how the movie starts.

My verdict? Well, the movie is certainly gory but don't worry, there have been other movies which are more gory than this. It's filled with blood and spatter of more blood and a few bodyparts here and there. Certainly not for those who are faint at heart. What I can see from the movie is apparent is that Sylvester Stallone is grouping all the famous names in action movies like Jet Li, Jason Statham, and many others but their names elude me. Unfortunately, famous names are not enough to attract movie-goers. I felt like the movie was trying too hard, in a sense getting together all those famous names (even Bruce Willis and Arnold made a short appearance) but too much of a good thing is NOT a GOOD THING.

However, I do love the quirky dialogs, which made the movie kinda cute. I think the movie, is not bad but then again, the producers shouldn't really rely on big names to sell the movie. If a movie is good, people will go.

My recommendation? Go if you like action movies. I'm sure you'll like it. For those who are not into gory movie scenes, it's your call.


Have fun at the movies! Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment