Friday, March 18, 2011

Wedding Cake: The Yummylicious Scrumptious Cake!

It looks scrumptious right? Emm.. Yummy!
I did tell y'all that I was ordering a cake for my cousin's wedding, right? I really wanted the cake to be special, y'know, something to remind her of her special day.

Bride's mom enjoying her slice =)

So I ordered a two-tiered cake from Taka. I initially wanted a two-tiered cake that did not have pillars. Pillars and wedding cakes are so cliche so I wanted a two-tiered cake that is able to sit atop of each other and look nice and coordinated. However, as we had to carry the cake from the bakery to the bride's home (where the wedding reception is supposed to be) and clumsy folks that we are, we decided to adhere to Taka's advice and get a normal two-tiered cake.
What I love about this cake is the red detailing on the bottom layer of the cake. I do love the way the red swirls stands out from the white background. It's only covered in cream, mind you. Wanted to go for fondant cakes but as Kak Anor from MyCupcakes is on maternity leave, I'll have to resort to cream covered wedding cakes from Taka.
Initially Taka provided me with the wedding dolls (the plastic kind that they normally put atop of the cake) but I think I like this version better. Its eatable too!





Selamat Pengantin Baru to my cousin, Zaty Yusrina and her beloved, Zack. =)

The cake is a simple chocolate sponge cake covered and layered with cream and it was absolutely delish. By the way, the cake was gone in like 15 seconds!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment