Saturday, March 19, 2011

Malay Wedding: Zaty and Zack's Solemnization Ceremony, 12 April 2011

Have been looking forward to Zaty's wedding cause it's the first wedding for our family this year. Another reason that I've been looking forward to it is due to the fact that I can learn a few pointers from this wedding so that I can incorporate in my own. Gosh, planning a wedding is certainly no easy feat! And here I was thinking that it would be a bed of roses. Little did I know, my bed of roses seems to be filled with thorns (and those tales I will share with y'all later) but let me share the happy news of my cousin's wedding and due to that, I've decided that this will be a pictorial blog. So stare as you like, and I'm not imposing any peeking fees either. Besides, it is certainly a great way for me to practice my photography =).

The wedding dais. This is actually how the actual traditional wedding dais looks like. The more modern ones nowadays use sofas and impressive huge bulky but truly expensive Swarovsky encrusted thrones.

Alat Merenjis. Elder family members will bless both bride and groom to wish them a happy and lasting marriage.
Wedding rings. An absolute must-have! Can't get married without 'em.

Zaty's hand bouquet. Lovely =)
Wedding favors.

The bedroom. In Malay weddings, it is customary for the bride to decorate the couples bedroom. I think their's looked real fancy =)

It ain't easy becoming a blushing bride. Apparently, the blush has to be put there (as most blushing brides would know)
What's happening downstairs while the bride is in hair and makeup.
Father of the bride.
The Akad. The handshake that symbolizes giving away the bride to the groom in marriage.
Lafaz. The groom verbalizing his wedding vows.
The bride.
And they're official! Words of prayer to Allah asking for blessing in the union between the bride and the groom.
I thee wed. Bride's wedding band.
And this is the groom's.
This is the part where the bride submits and acknowledges that she must love, respect and obey the husband and also honour their union.
You may now kiss the bride.
Once the solemnization is over, Zaty went off for an outfit change and posed for the camera.

To Zaty and Zack, I wish you a long and happy marriage, filled with laughter, happiness and many cutesy and lovable kids. God bless.
To weddings and happy endings, peeps! Cheerio!


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment