Sunday, March 27, 2011

Malaysian Theater Review: Lat Kampung Boy The Musical


I was looking forward to this theatre all week. Nope, actually I'm lying. I have been looking forward to this theatre since I bought the tickets the week before. Work has been super-hectic and I really, really need a break. About work, I'll fill you up in another post. Now the good stuff =)



Psst: I've always wanted to do a style blog (like my buddy Sherry @ Sherry Says) and share on what I wear so here goes:
White men-shirt - Esprit
Elastic Black belt - MNG
Dark maroon Pants - Nicole
Navy blue Ballerina flats - Nike
Graffiti-styled Handbag - Coach Poppy
Bracelet-styled watch - Marc Jacobs
Loud pink shawl with rainbow striped edges - bought this at a boutique in PKNS, Shah Alam
(I think I managed to hide my not-so-flat tummies with the help of the huge belt, phew!)


I heard about the theatre from a colleague who went for a weekend stay to KL. She had bought her tickets when she heard the hunky Hans Isaac was co-directing the play alongside with Harith Iskander. Knowing me and my love for arts, I decided that I too must watch Lat.



So I purchased the tickets, then my flight tickets and off I went. Istana Budaya, here I come!!


The play is about the life of Mohamad Nor Khalid or better known as Lat, Malaysian's world-famous cartoonist. Awie plays the more mature Lat and the wife is played by Atillia. Both performed superbly well. The play was an absolute fun play to watch. I truly loved the introduction, Lat running away from his mom and of course the other part when Lat was courting his wife (Junaidah) also tickled my funny bones. The story-line was good, it had happy parts (Cikgu Hew is so adorable), parts that touched my heart (I cried a bit when Lat received his first pay-check from his first published comic) there were also sad parts (his father died and of course his marital woes with Junaidah as he had to be away from the family so often).


Congratulations to both Hans Isaac and Harith Iskander for their excellent work as directors and of course, the cast are also equally superb. You can expect to see Awie, Atillia, Jalil Hamid, and Douglas Lim among the cast. Great performance from all. Keep up the good work!

Am looking forward to the next theater. Let's see what's in the Malaysian Arts Scene shall we? And if you're interested, do log on to www.istanabudaya.gov.my to check out the latest plays and shows.

p/s: Did I tell you that the play is accompanied by a live orchestra?


xoxo Fashionista in Action xoxo

3 comments:

  1. ah!!! tak mungkin!!! Han Isaac!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! don't tell me you fancy him too =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....dpt take pic with hans issac....i met him sekali kat singapore tapi takde chance nak take pic....hahah

    ReplyDelete